On the Topic of Crystal Healing - How to Use This Blog

Pictured: amethyst, pink calcite, sunstone, orange calcite, yellow calcite, golden quartz, prehnite, green calcite, jade, aventurine, opalite, blue calcite.

     Throughout all of history across the glove, humans have been fascinated with crystals. The fact that gleaming, colorful, glassy-clear gems with faceted sides can emerge out of the mud of the earth is mystifying and enchanting to us. Crystals seem shiny and special, and thus hold infinite allure to us; various cultures have attributed magical properties to different types of crystals, because gems are so beautiful and unique, and we as a species subconsciously long to worship a power beyond us.

     Crystal Healing is a concept that has become viral in self care, spirituality qnd mental health communities online. It's apparent effects are due to the placebo effect, meaning that the crystals themselves do not heal at all, buy rather that people put themselves into the desired mental or emotional state by convincing themselves that the crystals are doing it to them.

     I write this because I find it important to clarify my stance on this, to ensure that I don't confuse or mislead any who are seeking spiritual guidance from my blog. Crystals do not heal us, God does. Seeking comfort, strength, purification, or love from things which are a part of Creation like us is an empty practice which never offers true spiritual peace, even if it promises it. Only the infinite and magnificent One who created it all can save us.

     I find meanings and spiritual lessons in the beauty of God's creation, and with His guidance, I write this inspiration into my blog. My hope is that those of you who read it find encouragement, inspiration, and maybe even salvation in what the Lord speaks through me. I, personally, collect rocks and minerals avidly, so I usually grab a few small rocks to carry with me in my pocket every day. They remind me to work on my blog, but as well, they remind me of the protection and provision of God. The crystal affirmations that I put at the top of each post are sentences that sum up the message, which help me to encourage and comfort myself in times of despair by repeating them to myself or writing them on my notebooks.

     I hope this helps to clear up my blog's intentions if there's been any confusion. As Paul wrote in Ephesians 2, our salvation isn't through small things like whether or not to accept some people into our church or whether or not politics are agreed upon; our faith is only through the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, and our pasts or disagreements no longer matter, because "He Himself is our peace, who has made up both one and has broken down.. the dividing wall of hostility." (v.14)

Comments