Azurite

 

I rely on guidance from the King of Kings.

     Azurite is a deep blue mineral that people have used for thousands of years as an ore of copper, a gem material and as a blue pigment. It is a secondary copper mineral, formed by the weathering of copper ore deposits. During the early 19th century, it was also known as chessylite, after the type locality at Chessy-les-Mines in France. Azurite specimens and jewelry pieces must be carefully taken care of, as it is softer than most rocks and metals at a hardness of 3.5-4, and prolonged exposure to humidity or water will turn it into malachite. 

     Copper minerals tend to be the most vibrant shades of blue, teal, and green. Azurite is one of the most stunning of them all, ranging from banded blue and midnight, to "blueberries," botryoidal geodes with bright blue on the outside and deep sparkling blue crystals inside. Even rarer, individual crystals or clusters will form, bright blue to blue-black. It's a uniquely mystical hue, that glittering azure, which is so extremely rare in crystals and minerals. It is the color of morpho butterflies' wings, which lift them into the heights; it shines like the midnight that ancient scholars mapped out, tracing the trails of the planets and stars to learn the lore of the universe.

     Intelligence is knowledge, gained by studying and researching and learning. But that knowledge alone won't do much for you, you need to apply it for your stored-up information to do anything for you – to be a powerful spiritual leader, prayer warrior, and Child of God, you need to have the wisdom to apply God's Word and understand it. But how do we acquire His Spirit of wisdom? 

 "Teach me, O LORD, the way of your statutes; 

  and I will keep it to the end. 

Give me understanding, that I may keep your law 

  and observe it with my whole heart. 

Lead me in the path of your commandments, 

  for I delight in it. 

Incline my heart to your testimonies, 

  and not to selfish gain! 

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; 

  and give me life in your ways. 

Confirm to your servant your promise, 

  that you may be feared. 

Turn away the reproach that I dread, 

  for your rules are good. 

Behold, I long for your precepts; 

  in your righteousness give me life!...

Your hands have made and fashioned me; 

  give me understanding that I may learn your commandments."

Psalm 119:33-40,73

     We grow wiser through God's guidance, so study His Word and ask Him to reveal guidance to you. Meditating on Him and spending time with Him fills you with the spark of His Word, and seeking to know Him deeper will help you to understand His Word on a deeper level.

     "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God… Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."

Ephesians 5:1-2, 15-17


Comments